Welcome 2012

Here it is
Knocking at the door,
Need a few moments though
Before I explore.

Let me bid adieu
To this wonderful time;
The past year
Full of light and bells of chime.

As it ends,
And says goodbye;
I open the door
And in you fly.

But before you Captivate us all,
And become a cynosure
For the 365 days to fall,
So much so that;
We inscribe you
In every writing of ours.

I need a promise,
A sincere one;
That you will bring,
Good times to Everyone.

Come like a ray of Light,
And make our lives bright;
Dispel all darkness
Of Crime and narrow-mindedness.

Come like an ocean of Love,
And make us swim in it;
Wash off all the hatred
And signs of inhumanity.

Come like a sunflower,
That keeps blooming;
And teaches us how to follow
The path of Truth,
With its every turn towards
The eternal source- the sun.

Come like a baby,
With innocence and sparkle in its eyes;
Who just knows to love and be loved,
Where the treachery and deceit does not reside.

Bring us good times,
Cheerful times,
Happy moments and loads of fun;
Also bring some strength and sense,
So that we know how to help others
Who might be sad and alone.

As I welcome you,
I also promise;
I will try to be a person
Better than 2011 had known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sayonara

Beauty of Night