Veil of Perception

I know its dark and cloudy
The winter clouds looming large
But is it the mist and fog
That is making things hazy?
Probably not.

Whatever I say
Is heard in a different way
Whatever I do
Is rejected without fail.

Sometimes I know
The water is muddy
And its foolish of me
To expect the image’s buddy.

Sometimes I know
There is lightning and thunder
And its foolish of me
To expect a clear answer.

Sometimes I know
There is storm in the sea
And its foolish of me
To play on the beach.
These are the times I know
There might be turbulence in the flow.

But there are sunny days
When the sky is clear,
There is silence around
And we so near.

I think this might be the moment
That can be enjoyed without argument.
But alas, I am proven wrong
And made to shudder even under the sun.

Now I realize
It wasn’t the fog or the mist
But - a veil.
A veil of perception,
Of antagonism and aversion
That blurs your vision
And makes your mind a prison.

But I have no intention
To go behind these bars.
I hope you break free from these,
And realize how pure my heart is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sayonara

Beauty of Night