A String of Memories

A string of memories,
Adorns the song of my past;
Whenever struck,
A special one surfaces up.


The happy ones,
Remind me of the times;
I laughed and danced,
And swung in your arms.

Walking down that lane,
Which was once a frolicsome terrain;
Now makes me nostalgic,
Of those good old golden days.
Brings tears in my eyes;
Tears of joy, for I lived those moments;
Or of the pain, for its over and bygone,
No longer there, to hold on.


The sad ones,
Remind me of the times;
I struggled in troubled waters,
Without a savior to obviate.

Walking down that lane,
Which was once dark and grim;
Now leaves me bewildered,
With reminiscences of grey.
Should I be sad for those harrowed days;
Or be happy to,
Emerge stronger since they came,
And now, are left behind in the lane.


Treasured is this musical memoir,
Every note plays a unique memory;
Happy or sad,
Those are all mine;
The ones I have lived,
Through the passage of time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sayonara

Beauty of Night