Language of Life


I thought it would be
A clean slate,
With clear instructions
In black and white.

But it came
Instead,
As a crumpled paper.

I still thought,
I will unfold it,
And read.

But then I discovered,
It had a thousand ways
To be unfolded;
And each one
Completely different from the other.

I still thought,
I will be lucky
To get the right fold;
And then - just read.

But when I opened it
I found,
Nothing in black and white;
It was all - in grey.

I thought - Never mind the color,
Who needs color coding
When I know how to read.

But then
As I started reading,
I could not identify
A single word.

Such is the Language of Life;
You never know how to read and predict;
You never know what is green and red.

Such is Life -
How much ever
You want to be prepared,
It throws surprises at you.

All that I do now is,
Hope that the surprises are good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sayonara

Beauty of Night